Sunday, August 26, 2012

A Night to Remember

In honor of being 8 weeks old, Victoria decided it was finally time...to sleep through the night! YAHOOOOOOOO! She did go to bed a little later than usual last night (10:15, after she had her bottle with daddy) but I didn't hear from her again until 6 AM. So if you do the math...that's about 8 hours. Again, YAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!  Who knows if it will last, but the fact that she made it through the night (in her crib, mind you) even once, makes this momma so happy (because I'm well-rested!). 

We've had a great weekend hanging out as a family and we also started putting Victoria in her crib for all her naps - and she slept great! From what we've read, the more she naps (as she needs it) and the earlier she goes to bed, the better and longer she will sleep at night. The pros are right! She has certainly been napping better during the day and sleeping better at night. We are so glad that we're finally getting into a routine and I feel like I am communicating and understanding V so much better now. We just got "Secrets of a Baby Whisperer" by Tracy Hogg, as recommended by many, and I'm eager to get reading. I'll let you know what I find out! 

chillin' with the queen of good napping!

xoxo, 


2 comments:

  1. I am soooo happy for you guys!!!! Hope she stays sleeping so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tiffany! We had a couple off nights after that awesome one...but then last night was super again. I'll take 'em as they come!

    ReplyDelete