Monday, August 8, 2011

The Sweet Life of Floridians

Our vacation in Florida was amazing. We slept in, played all day, and spent most of our time with family in the sun. How much better can it get? 

Trey keeps trying to get me to agree to moving there once he's out of school. Part of me says: "Let's do it! Sun and beach all year long? Heck yes!" The other part yearns to go back home where my momma, sisters, daddio, and other family are only 5 minutes away. Especially while I'm having babies - I can't imagine not having my mom nearby! I tell him that maybe once our kids are a little older. I am convinced that I have seasonal depression (specifically during the months of January, February, and March). It's cold, the world is ugly, and I'm always feeling "blah". So living in Florida would guarantee a sunnier-side to life (literally!). But I'm living in the now, so who knows where we'll be in a couple years when he finishes up. 

Back to our trip: 
We spent a couple days by the pool, a couple days at the beach, and a day walking around Miami. I also got the opportunity to see several of the players from the US Women's World Cup play - and I got pictures with them! It was amazing. I became an avid watcher of this tournament weeks prior to our trip, and had my own favorite player: Megan Rapinoe. She had some crucial moments in the World Cup, even though the U.S. lost, and she became my own personal hero athlete. And she likes to have fun :)
Megan Rapinoe on the US National Team
ME! with Megan! 7/26/11 (one week after the World Cup)


This game, along with meeting famous players like Rapinoe, Abby Wambach, and Christie Rampone, was hands-down the best night of this trip. Try the best night of the year! It got me thinking - forget ballet lessons. My little girl (assuming I have one, one day) is going to be a soccer player!

Trey and I also got to have our own personal photo shoot with his cousin, Blake, who is a professional photographer. Here is one of many photos that I love from our shoot!
hopeful daddy & mommy in waiting
So last entry I touched on the fact that I thought the Woolwine family in Florida was perfect. I learned that no family is perfect. Everyone has their moments. But they are still high up on the list of families who have a really strong base: their parents. Mom and Dad are caring, yet strict, and have high expectations for their children being responsible. I did see a few arguments, but that is to be expected with seven children. 

Trey and I are still TTC. No word yet. But hopefully sooner rather than later. Waiting is so hard! Until next time, still a madre in waiting.
  
xo,
  

No comments:

Post a Comment