Sunday, January 29, 2012

Week 16 Update!


I find myself counting down the days until my next baby check-up every month. I have never looked forward to going to the doctor so much in my life! And needless to say, I haven't ever been to the doctor this much in my life. Each month's visit holds the possibility of learning new information about my pregnancy and my little one - and also hearing that incredibly fast heartbeat coming from my uterus (crazy!). There's nothing like it. 

I was really hoping my week 16 appointment was going to include an ultrasound because my sister found out the gender of one of her boys at week 16. No such luck. The doctor I saw (who was different from my usual doc; mine had to be out at the last minute, unfortunately) said I would have my next ultrasound at week 20: also the BIG DAY. Week 20 is "the week" to find out if it's a boy or a girl! Trey and I can't stand the thought of waiting till the birth to find out, so we will be eager to hear the news at the end of February. Seems so long from now! Since I don't have a picture of baby for week 16, here is a picture of me with baby :)

A little bump!

Pregnancy Highlights


How Far Along: 16 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: 6 lbs.



Size of  Baby: 4.5 inches long, 3.5 oz (about the size of an avocado)

Sleep: sleeping well until I have to go to the bathroom (which is inevitable) and then I tend to have trouble falling back asleep. I'm also not supposed to sleep on my back anymore, which is a favorite for me, so I'm having more trouble getting comfortable :P


Best Moment This Week: hearing baby's heartbeat - I was a little nervous after Dean (our 50 lb. puppy) jumped on my uterus 2 weeks ago and hearing that heartbeat and the doctor's reassuring words was such a relief

Gender: unknown - we'll know in 4 weeks!

Movement: nothing yet - I am getting anxious though! Eager to feel something!

Food Craving: still loving my Minute Maid Grape Punch, cottage cheese, and apple sauce

What I Miss: my daily Coke at lunch (trying not to drink caffeine unless I'm really needing it!) 

What I'm looking Forward to: Valentine's Day with my husband and finding out if this baby is a boy or a girl on Feb. 23rd!

Weekly Wisdom: When you're pregnant and feeling tired - take a rest. Or a whole day of rest. It does wonders!


Symptoms: Nausea is definitely getting better (only visits once or twice a week) and as long as I get my 7-8 hours, not as tired as during the first trimester...nothing too new!

2 comments:

  1. You look so cute, lil' mama! That is going to be one precious avocado :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for that little one! You are adorable..love to you all

    ReplyDelete