Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pregnancy Highlights - Week 12

Trey and I went to the doctor for our 12 week appointment last week and it proved to be a wonderful visit. Our baby has grown so much since our 8 week appointment! In our first ultrasound (8 weeks) it was a challenge to tell the head and body shape...now it actually looks like a baby! My heart jumped when I saw it on the screen and fluttered when the baby started jumping and bobbing around. If what we saw is any reflection on our child's personality, looks like this one might have some energy! The baby is healthy and its heart beats strong. We were thrilled at this news and I'm excited to be moving into the 2nd trimester soon!


8 Weeks

12 Weeks (See its little hand in the air? So sweet!)

Pregnancy Highlights


How Far Along: 12 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: 3-4 lbs.
Size of  Baby: about 2 inches, .05 oz (about the size of a lime)


Sleep: like a baby, and with my mouth open!
Best Moment This Week: seeing the growth of my baby & sharing the news with  my students who are so excited!

Gender: unknown (eek!)

Movement: Can't feel anything yet because it's so tiny- but it's definitely moving! 

Food Craving: EVERYTHING but specifically grape juice, Rocky Road, and Cheeze-It's

What I Miss: having the energy to work-out regularly 

What I'm looking Forward to: my next appointment (Jan. 25)

Weekly Wisdom: It's ok to leave some things undone (which is hard for my Type A personality to handle!)
Symptoms: Morning sickness  is definitely getting better (love my Zofran!!) and also getting my energy back (although, not quite what it used to be)...and can we say FORGETFUL? Geez?! For a person who's used to being on top of things, I'm feeling very nutty these days!


Your ever grateful madre in waiting, 

No comments:

Post a Comment