Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Fitness Freak

So I've been very fortunate in losing most of my baby weight pretty quickly and I'm pretty sure I owe that to genes and nursing. However, my muscle tone is something to be desired. Even though I may look like I'm back to where I was pre-pregnancy, clothes hide areas where muscle once was. Now there is loose skin, yuck! My goal over the next month is to start running again and strength training my core, arm, and leg muscles, in an attempt to get back to where I was. 
http://smartmom.tv/life/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/lose-baby-weight-300x3002.jpg
source
Reasons behind this desire?

First of all, Victoria is getting heavier by the day! I'm finding it harder to get her into her crib at night when she's limp in my arms and don't even get me started about how heavy that baby carrier is. My arms are getting weaker now that I'm not holding her all day. I also want to get back to living a healthy life style and taking care of myself. Being busy with work, home, and V can make me forget about that. I know that if I let it go for too long, I'll lose sight of my health goals, making it more and more difficult to get back in the saddle. I LOVE exercising, not only because it gets your body in shape, but because of those endorphins that take over! I'm always so happy after a workout. It helps release all the stress that builds up. And last, but not least, I want to stay attractive for my sweet Trey. I'm baring it all here, so might as well be honest! Even though we're into the "having kids" phase of our lives, I want to make sure I'm still wanted by my man (I know I'm not the only woman thinking thoughts like this). 

Why am I sharing such personal information, you ask? I'm sharing all this in hopes that because I've put it out there in the public eye, I will do a better job at sticking to my goal. I'm much better at getting things done and holding myself accountable when I've got people watching. So don't be afraid to say, "Hey Liz! How's your exercising going? Have you been going to the gym?", because that helps me! 

So on that note, better head to the gym while I've got the time. Adios!

xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment