Sunday, October 28, 2012

Everything is OK...wait no, it's GREAT!

To my regulars, I apologize for my absence. My excuse for the last 4 weeks is that I've been a working mom again...and before that, I was just depressed about being a working mom again. As I expressed in my last entry, I was freaked out about working and being a good mommy. Now that I'm back in the saddle, I'm freaked out no more. Things are going much better than I could have ever thought possible. Victoria loves her time with her sitter (Tiffany) and the other little girls she sees there. She's learning so much from being around them and I love listening to her babble and coo when I pick her up everyday. She's sleeping well at night, which I'm certainly grateful for! And nights that are not so great...well, there's coffee for that. I've never enjoyed coffee until now. It's SO good - especially Dunkin' Donuts Pumpkin coffee! YUM!

Work is going well too. I'm co-teaching with a special ed. teacher, Michelle, and she's awesome. I love having her to talk to about V and everything else in life, and she's really great to teach with. We both love writing and seem to have the same attitude toward teaching and helping students, so that is nice. I also have a sweet class, and although there are a few in every bunch that love to test me, I'm handling it ok so far. The work has been very doable and it's nice being in the same grade for the 3rd year in a row. I'm finding that I'm not having to do so much outside work and I'm able to leave work when I want and still have the afternoon to spend with my sweet girl. 

I'm still breastfeeding - surprise! (at least it's a surprise to me, anyway). Originally, my goal was to make it to 6 weeks. It was really hard in the beginning. Then, once six weeks rolled around, I felt like I was finally getting used to it and not minding it so much. So then, my goal was to make it until work started. Once work started, I figured I'd try pumping and if it was too hard, I'd let it go. Four weeks at work and I'm still going! Yay! My new goal is to make it to six months (Christmas time). I enjoy it because I feel like I'm still able to take care of Victoria by providing my milk for her, even though I can't physically  be there during the day. There's something special about nursing and the bond it creates with your baby...at least there is between me and V and I'm just not ready to let that go yet! :)
Always so happy!

Loves play time


So, I'm OK, V's OK, Trey's OK, and all is well. Victoria will be 4 months on Tuesday - holy cow! She's talking up a storm and can almost roll over. And she's just so darn happy. It's wonderful :)

xoxo,



1 comment:

  1. Aw and Tiffany loves having her too!!!!! She is so happy and such a fantastic baby!!! Lucky parents love you all!!!

    ReplyDelete