Friday, December 16, 2011

Boston Bound

Right now I am blogging for my first time on a train. It makes me feel very "official", like I'm traveling on business and have important work to complete before my next stop. Hah! I can pretend for a little while. 

Well, it's 7:52 PM and I am currently between Richmond and Fredericksburg riding Amtrak with my husband, father, and step-mom. My dad has started a new tradition for our family trip to happen the week before Christmas which, as it works out, students and teachers have off. Last year we went to New York City - and had an absolute blast. 

This year we are traveling to Boston, a favorite of mine - although, I've never been in the winter. I'll let you know if I regret this decision! It's weird to think I'm not "physically" alone on this trip, but have a little one joining me (in utero!). What a cool feeling. I cannot wait until our next appointment (a little less than 2 weeks from now) when I will be 12 weeks along. I feel like this will be a comforting appointment, as the fetus is larger and things are a little "safer" than they were at week 8. Today I am officially 10 weeks. Wow! Feels like yesterday we were just finding out...and what an exciting moment that was. It's still pretty exciting as more friends are learning of our news. Most of my co-workers are aware, which makes it fun at work. It was so hard keeping it a secret the first month! When you find out, all you want to do is shout it to the world - it seems like such a miracle (and well, actually, it is!). 

Did I mention that I'm a fifth grade teacher and today was the last day before break? My kids were a little nutty...but I have to hand it to them, they were pretty good for me. My patience is not quite as good these days, now that I'm pregnant (and have my list of needs which must be met every 30 minutes). But I am so grateful that they were well-behaved and that our Christmas party stayed under control...and that I am now free of all 20 of them for 2 weeks! WOOOHOOOOOOOO! 


I feel a nap coming on....this momma is heading out. 

Until next time, 



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for being the newest follower of my blog! I love finding other fifth grade teachers; they seem to be few and far between in blogland. I'm also loving your blog! :)

    ps. I live right outside Boston & hope you enjoy your trip! You must check out the Boston Common & go skating at Frog Pond, (we got engaged there 2 years ago!) it looks great with the Christmas lights! Plenty of fun things to do in the winter, too! Let me know if you're looking for suggestions!

    ReplyDelete