Friday, December 9, 2011

A Merry Christmas, indeed

Well friends, this mother-in-waiting has some huge news. Trey and I are no longer trying to conceive. In addition, I can no longer enjoy my favorite beverage, margaritas - at least not for the next nine months....

You guessed it! We're expecting! Now I can truly say that I am a madre-in-waiting as I wait for the arrival of my little one in July 2012. After two seasons of TTC, this little miracle has occurred and I feel so blessed to know a healthy fetus is slowly growing into our future child. I am currently nine weeks along and I discovered our good news on November 4, 2011 (ironically I was home sick from school). At that point I was four weeks pregnant and one week out from running the Richmond half-marathon. Fortunately I was still feeling well at that point and was able to run the entire half-marathon in 2:09:35....25 seconds shy of my goal. And I did not run this race without considering the possible risks it might have on the well-being of my little one. Months before when Trey and I were planning this, I spoke with my OB who assured me it would be all right as long as my body was used to that kind of exercise.

Now, at nine months, I am experiencing the not-so-wonderful side effects of the first trimester including exhaustion, raging hormones, and morning sickness. I come home everyday, fall onto the couch and into my early evening nap. I continue to nap off and on into the evening after 8 hours of teaching, the thought of exercising impossible. I feel a bit like a sloth but know I must put the health of our baby first. If my body needs rest, then rest I shall. Not to mention, half the time I can hardly stand!! I hear that my energy should come back in the second trimester, which I am really looking forward to. I hate feeling lazy! But I love my couch more than ever. Plus, we just got a new mattress - perfect timing!

One week till Christmas break and then Trey and I are heading to Boston with my dad and stepmom. We'll spend Christmas in Roanoke with family and we have our next baby appt. the week after Christmas. More updates to come then! Merry Christmas!

Xo,
Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment