Monday, December 26, 2011

A Love Story

Have you ever seen the 2011 make of Jane Eyre ? What an amazing film...a dark, yet romantic and beautiful story...and as all love stories do, reminds me of my very own. I love those moments of flirtation between Jane and Mr. Rochester, which finally lead to him professing his love for her, and then the kiss. I live for moments like that which make me want to run into the arms of the one I love, just as Jane loves him. It reminds me of the feelings I first felt for Trey, and that I still feel every morning when I wake to see him lying next to me. Every time Jane and Mr. Rochester touched lips, I imagined myself, standing in front of Trey, and the bursts of passion we've shared in the same manner. 

Mr. Rochester and Jane

Rochester: I offer you my hand, my heart. Jane, I ask you to pass through life at my side. You are my equal and my likeness. Will you marry me? 
(yes! yes! yes!)

Trey and Lizzie

In 6 and a half months the love I know will grow far beyond what I am able to know at this moment. I cannot imagine a love greater than what I feel for my Trey, and yet I know my love for him will grow immensely as I look into the eyes of the being we will have created together. As I rest my hand on my tiny bump, I feel the love growing already and my heart growing stronger with each passing day. It all comes back to that first kiss I shared with Trey and that I relived tonight as I lost myself in the love story by Charlotte Bronte. Jane Eyre, thank you for reminding me of that true love. 

Romantically from your madre in waiting

No comments:

Post a Comment