Tuesday, June 19, 2012

1 Year Blog-i-versary!

Wow, it's hard to believe I started this blog a year ago...sharing my and Trey's plans of starting a family. You can look back with me and read my first entry here:  Now our little one will be arriving any day!

School is out - today is my official first day of summer break. It is certainly welcomed with open arms. As much as I loved my class this year and loved being pregnant for the majority of it, the past month has been tough! The last two months of pregnancy are certainly the hardest (at least for me) with all the major physical changes, feeling exhausted again, and the fact that it's the start of the hot, summer heat. Recess was my least favorite part of each day, but my kids were so sweet and helpful, carrying a chair and water outside with us and getting me set up before heading off to play. See? I told you I had an amazing class! I will miss them - a lot. I am so grateful that I had a great class this year because it's kids like them that remind you why you decided to be a teacher in the first place.

However, nothing beats sitting on the most comfortable couch in the world in the AC, with an extra fan, my bottled water, and having absolutely nowhere that I have to be. Thank you summer break!!!! It's supposed to hit the 90's today, so I'm prepared to keep cool. I'm embarking on pregnancy week 37 (on Thursday) which means I'll officially be full term and Baby V is safe to come, if she so chooses. I'm kinda hoping she does come a little early - I'm so excited to meet her I can hardly stand it! Literally though, I can hardly stand (hah!) as I've been cursed with the aches and pains of swollen hands, ankles, and feet (they're HUGE!) and it's not really practical (or comfortable) to lay with my feet above my heart all day long. But perhaps being at home and off my feet will help with this as we enter the last stages.

I have loved being pregnant and I have the feeling I will miss it once V arrives, but nothing will be better than having my baby girl in my arms. She's going to be amazing and I can't wait to share her with the world.





xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment