Friday, June 29, 2012

Baby's Bathroom

Preparing for baby has been so much fun. As you know, I went all out on her sweet little nursery (you can read on that here and here ).  I intended to stop there, but my creative instincts wouldn't let me. Why not make the guest bathroom/baby bathroom fun too? I went with a different theme for the bathroom so that it was more "kid friendly" (and not so baby) and would last through her childhood. I also tried to pick a theme which a little boy would be ok with - of course, we are hoping for one of those one day! You'll notice that not only is pink a main color, but also yellow, green, and brown. I didn't paint the walls since we're not sure how much longer we'll be in the this house and after having painted all the other bathrooms in this house, I've decided they are my least favorite rooms to paint! (painting behind a toilet? NOT fun!).

I'll let the pictures show you the details. My initial inspiration came from a line through Target called "Love 'n Nature" by Circo with the main character being a cute little owl!

Looking from the doorway


      Shower Curtain : Love 'n Nature from Target

LOVE these little owls! (see them on the poster?)

Owl hand towel : Love 'n Nature from Target
"V" poster: ETSY through Rock Paper Prints
Victorian frame: TJ Maxx

Had to show the little owl goodies on the sink!
Pink Victorian frame: TJ Maxx
Orange owl note/picture holder: Jo Ann's Fabrics 
Owl toothbrush holder: Love 'n Nature from Target
Owl-shaped bubble bath: Jo Ann's Fabrics
"Little owls always brush their teeth"

 (Thought this to be appropriate since V's dad is going to be a dentist!
It hangs right above the cute owl toothbrush holder) 
Poster: ETSY through Rock Paper Prints
White frame: TJ Maxx

The wall across from the sink - view from inside tub

Striped towel - Love 'n Nature from Target
Owl towel rack - ETSY through The Wooden Owl 
Where we'll hang V's little hooded towels! So cute!

 
                Many thanks to Target and ETSY for the great owl finds - I am in love with this bathroom for Victoria! :)








                                 





By the way, I am still a madre in waiting and so very anxious! Trying to hang in there for these last couple weeks...

xoxo,
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment