Saturday, March 16, 2013

Friday Follies

We all do dumb things, many that we regret. However, it’s much more fun to laugh at ourselves when this happens. After all, it’s only human nature (that's what I tell myself).


Welcome to Friday Follies, my weekly confession of ridiculous happenings in the Woolwine household.

-      When giving Victoria her bath this week, I thought it would be cute to watch her crawl around on the bathroom floor naked. It was adorable until she was swimming in a large puddle of pee. Whoops!
-      One morning (this was actually last week) I was running late, as usual, and hurrying to get all the bags in the car. I tripped over our rain gutter, landed on my side in the space between our car and the side of the house, and managed to only spill a little of my coffee (although once at work, I learned some had also landed in my hair…). I laid there for a moment, wallowing in pain, and then quietly lifted my head to see if anyone was watching. At 6:30 AM, there wasn’t a soul in sight. I picked myself up, realized I had ripped my pants and was bleeding, and hurried back in to change before heading on to work. I’m still limping from this accident. Now whether I have to limp, I’m not sure, but it makes me feel better.
-      At 12:30 AM on Tuesday night, Victoria woke up wheezing. Her breathing was very scary and we decided to get her checked out by a physician right then. We’d heard of Kid-Med, an after-hours pediatrician’s office, and decided to go there. We hopped in the car, drove 25 minutes to get there, and pulled up to an empty lot. They had closed at 11:00 PM. Note to self: When going somewhere at midnight, check the hours!
-      When making coffee in your Keurig, don't accidentally press the "rinse" button. And if you do accidentally press the "rinse" button, leave something there to catch the rinse. Otherwise, you will have a very wet and messy counter-top. DUH, Elizabeth. 

Now I realize this page is called Friday follies, and yes, today is Saturday. I started this post yesterday and in the midst of a trip to Lynchburg, did not get to finish. So I hope you will enjoy it, even though it’s a day late. 

Love,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment