Wednesday, March 13, 2013

SOLD! We’re moving!


A few days ago I was planning a blog post about our house that is was for sale. I was going to say: Go check it out at our realtor’s really cool website: www.320Wilmer.com , where you can see photos of our beloved home for the past two years. Plus, it’s cleaner and more organized now than it has ever been! Amazing how that works out, huh? As soon as it’s perfect, it’s time to leave.
Our house 2 years ago, when we bought it!


Well, I don’t get to write that post anymore. Why, you ask? Because it’s SOLD! My husband and I are elated - yes - I had to choose a better word than happy or excited. We are absolutely THRILLED.

We officially put the house on the market on February 28, 2013 and the sign in our yard showed up on March 1st. By March 10th at 11:19 p.m., there was an email in my Gmail account, telling us about an offer that had been made. Monday morning we responded with a counter offer, which was accepted by the buyer. Slam dunk! We signed the contract that afternoon, and now we’re keeping our fingers crossed that all goes well until the closing on May 8th.

One of our first comments to each other after all this happened yesterday was, “Hey! We can be sloppy again!”

No, but really, it was so wonderful that I didn’t have to spend an extra 30 minutes last night and this morning making sure the house looked spectacular before I left for work. With a not-so-organized husband, a messy baby, a rowdy dog, and a hairy cat, that whole ordeal was getting old, really fast. When I said my prayers this weekend, I told God that I needed his help, because I was becoming extremely stressed trying to keep the ball rolling with the house on the market. I guess he heard me, loud and clear.

So what’s next? Packing and figuring out where we will live from May 7th through June 14th (my last day of work - YAHOOOOOOOO!). Then in late June, Trey will start his new career as a dentist in Lynchburg, Virginia.

Life is changing so fast, and we’re welcoming all of it with open arms.

Beyond blessed, 

No comments:

Post a Comment